MCMUA CoronaVirus Update
updated Wednesday, May 20, 2020
The MCMUA provides essential services during the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic. We appreciate the heroic work being performed daily by our employees to keep Morris County functioning. Phone coverage is limited, so please try contacting us by email whenever possible using our general firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Below is a list of primary MCMUA service and their current status.
- May 16, 2020 Hazardous Waste Disposal Day was canceled but additional program planned for June 28 in addition to June 13 Disposal Day.
- Gloves, wipes, tissues and masks are NOT acceptable in recycling and must be put into the trash.
- Do not use red bags for any transfer station garbage, these are for designated medical waste only. Click here to read about proper medical waste management.
- Do not litter discarded masks, gloves, etc. Place them in the garbage.
- Water System: Normal Operations
MCMUA Recycling Collection - Normal Schedule
MCMUA Transfer Stations: Normal Operating Schedule
- Paperless transactions implemented. Customer use of origin and destination (O&D) forms and signature of weigh tickets suspended. Email Anita Singewald at email@example.com to set up batch emailing of your transfer station transactions.
- All customers must provide their own hard hats and safety vests as these cannot be shared.
- Residential use of the transfer stations should be for essential disposal only and residents should do their best to use the public disposal collection system provided.
- MCMUA Administrative Office at County College (CCM) - Closed - Staff working from home. Transfer Station checks only accepted at transfer station scalehouses.
- MCMUA Compost/Mulch Operations - All residential deliveries previous scheduled have been postponed. Drop-off and pick-up of material by contractors has been suspended. We do not know when deliveries will resume and we are not taking orders for future deliveries. Drop-off by Morris County municipalities only available on limited basis with pre approval. Email Marilyn Regner at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) -
- June 13, 2020 Hazardous Waste Disposal Day Will Be Moved To Public Safety Academy
- Rescheduled June 28, 2020 Hazardous Waste Disposal Day planned for Public Safety Academy
- No new appointments are being scheduled at Permanent HHW Facility in Mt. Olive.
MCMUA Services and Programs
Recycling programs in general
Disposal / Garbage
Recycling pickup calendar
Hazardous / Special Wastes
Household hazardous waste
Compost and mulch
Drinking water from aquifers
Solid Waste Data
Who We Help and Serve
At home we recycle, create waste, and use water.
At work we recycle, create waste and use water.
Towns and Government
Working together for a better Morris County ...
Using MCMUA transfer stations and other facilities...
Municipal Recycling Coordinators
Making recycling work...