Transfer Station Schedule
Transfer Station Tip Fees
Users first weigh their vehicles at the scalehouse prior to dumping their garbage on a tipping floor. The vehicle then gets weighed-out at the scalehouse to determine the weight of the waste dumped. The cost is calculated and deducted from an established account or payment by check is required at that time. Click on "Setting Up A Transfer Station Account" for more information regarding payments. Credit cards are accepted but cash is not accepted.
Materials Accepted and Fees
Effective January 1, 2023
Starting January 1, 2023, the cost to tip solid waste increases by $5.00/ton from 2022 fees.
- $107.50/ton - Type 10 (municipal, residential, commercial,industrial)
- $107.50/ton - Type 13 (bulky)
- $107.50/ton - Type 13C (construction and demolition)
- $107.50/ton - Type 23 (vegetative)
- $107.50/ton - Type 25 (animal processing)
- $107.50/ton - Type 27 (non-hazardous industrial)*
- $200.00/ton - Tire Recycling
All disposal fees listed include the $3.00/ton New Jersey Recycling Enhancement Act (REA) recycling tax.
- All disposal fees include a host community benefit of approximately $5.09/ton. The host community benefit is comprised
of a $4.50/ton benefit paid directly to the host communities plus a 10% discount on the waste the two host municipalities tip at the transfer station.
This 10% discount spread amongst all the tons tipped at the transfer stations ranges from approximately
$0.55/ton to $0.65/ton and fluctuates based on the relative amount of waste tipped by the host communities versus the tonnages
from all the other transfer station customers.
Announcements Regarding Pricing and Tipping Fees
- Notice of $1.00/ton tipping fee increase to $102.50/ton for all waste types beginning January 1, 2022.
- The holiday schedule for 2022
December 7, 2020
- Notice of $1.75/ton tipping fee increase to $101.50/ton for all waste types beginning January 1, 2021
- The holiday schedule for 2021
- A reminder that due to Covid-19 we are asking haulers to scan and email Origin and Destination forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps us maximize social distancing while using our facilities.
- A reminder to bring and wear personal protective equipment while using the MCMUA transfer stations. This includes safety vests, hardhats, sofaety-toe shoes and eye protection. Due to Covid safety precautions, the MCMUA is not providing any PPE to customers.
- October 1, 2019 - Notice of $1.90/ton tipping fee increase to $99.75/ton for all waste types beginning January 1, 2020. The holiday schedule for 202 is provided.
- December 11, 2018 - Notice of $1.45/ton tipping fee increase to $97.85/ton for all waste types beginning January 1, 2019. The holiday schedule for 2019 is provided.
- December 1, 2017 - Notice of $0.95/ton tipping fee increase to $96.40/ton for all waste types beginning January 1, 2018. The holiday schedule for 2018 is provided.
- December 1, 2016 - Notice of $0.95/ton tipping fee increase to $95.45/ton for all waste types beginning January 1, 2016.
- May 27, 2015 - Notice of $1.06/ton tipping fee decrease to $94.50/ton for all disposal waste types beginning June 1, 2015 and continuing through the end of 2016.
- December 5, 2013 - Notice of $1.64/ton tipping fee increase to $95.56/ton for all waste types.
- December 20, 2012 - Notice of $2.00/ton tipping fee decrease to $93.92/ton for all waste types.
- December 8, 2011 - Notice of tipping fee increase to $95.92/ton for most waste types; transfer station holiday schedule for 2012.
- December 8, 2010 - Notice of 2011 tipping fee increase to $94/ton for most waste types.
- October 9, 2009 - Notice of four percent tipping fee increase to $90.38/ton for most waste types announced for 2010.
Notice of 3.00/ton tipping fee increase to $86.90/ton for most waste types.
This increase was due to the state's imposition of $3/ton recycling tax that took affect on April 1, 2008.