Solid Waste Material Data Sheet
Activity Type: Recycling
This is a material defined to fit NJDEP facility approval regulations. As such, Class C facilities accept Class C Materials for recycling.
Yard trimmings, as designated as Class C recyclables, are mandated to be source separated and recycled. The food waste portion Class C is not mandated to be source separated and recycled.
Regulations: Definition N.J.A.C. 7:26A-1.3
"Class C recyclable material" means a source separated compostable material which is subject to Department approval prior to the receipt, storage, processing or transfer at a recycling center in accordance with N.J.S.A. 13:1E-99.34b, and which includes, but is not limited to, organic materials such as:
1. Source separated food waste;
2. Source separated vegetative food waste; and
3. Source separated yard trimmings.
- Click for additional on-site information regarding Class C Recyclable
Facilities That Manage Class C Recyclable
1 Old Lane
Rockaway, NJ 07435
Tel: 973-697-3736 Fax: 973-697-1869
Old Waterloo Village Road
Mt. Olive, NJ
Tel: 973-285-8389 Fax: 973-285-8397
Pounds Per Unit Conversions
- Each Pound weighs 1 pounds.
- Each Ton weighs 2000 pounds.