Boonton Township Solid Waste Information
155 Powerville Road
Boonton Township, NJ 07005
Tel: (973) 402-4002 Fax: (973) 402-4013
Contacts From Boonton Township
- Barbara Shepard, Clean Communities Coordinator
155 Powerville Rd.
Boonton Twp., NJ 07005
Tel: (973) 402-4012 Fax: (973) 402-4013
Solid Waste Services In Boonton Township
Curbside Garbage Collection
- Program Description: Boonton Township does not provide garbage pickup. Residents contract with a private hauler for collection. The municipality does not pay for the tipping fees.
- Schedule: Haulers servicing Boonton Township include: Waste Management and N. Tassielli Disposal which picks up on Mondays and Thursdays.
Service Provider: Private Hauler(s), ,
Curbside Recycling Collection
- Program Description: Boonton Township contracts for single-stream, all-in-one residential curbside recycling. Maximum weight of curbside recycling container is 50 pounds; use multiple containers if needed.
- Schedule: Recycling pickup is every other Thursday.
Service Provider: Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority, 214A Center Grove Road,
Randolph, NJ 07869
Tel: 973-659-3490 Fax: 973-537-6495
Municipal Recycling Depot(s) In Boonton Township
155 Powerville Road (Behind Municipal Building)
Boonton Twp., NJ 07005
Tel: (973) 402-4024 Fax: (973) 402-4025
- Hours: Every Other Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
- Notes: As of August 2011 the Boonton Township recycling depot is accepting traditional recyclable materials mixed together in one can to correspond with the way recyclables are now collected curbside.
- Limitations: Open to Boonton Township residents and small businesses only.
- Facility Type: Municipal Recycling Depot
Acceptable Material - Recycling - Single-Stream - All-In-One
Acceptable Material - Recycling
A drop-off receptacle for the disposal of home electronics is now available at the Recycling Center. Accepted electronics include only the following: computers, laptops, televisions, monitors, desktop printers and fax machines. All other electronic waste should be disposed of in the garbage as it is not covered by the E-waste law and program. Absolutely no curbside collection.
DocumentsClick below to view original documents regarding Boonton Township. If inconsistencies are discovered between these documents and the information provided below, one should initially assume Boonton Township document is correct as it was produced directly by the town. Please contact Boonton Township to verify any issues you are uncertain about and please forward any corrections to the MCMUA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Municipal Recycling Ordinance - Boonton Township Municipal Recycling Ordinance - Document Type - Municipal Recycling Ordinance (URL Internnet Link) - Online source of document